Flexy handleposts and noodly handling are the Achilles heel of many folding bicycle designs. The Physis handlepost solves this with a massively strong, precision machined design that virtually eliminates flex. Four patented technologies go into the design. The proof, of course, is in the ride : stronger, stiffer, better.
- Massive Strength — To eliminate flex, the Physis Joint knuckle was beefed up and made wider by moving the pivoting surfaces outward from the center axis. Fork steerer interface with the handlepost was increased by 150%.
- Flux Technology — The base of the Physis is machined so it functions as a zero-flex, zero-play headset top cover. Patented.
- Interlocking Halves — Unfolded, the joint surfaces lock together to improve torsional stiffness.
- Redundant Double Bolts — Two bolts clamp the handlepost to the fork steerer for improved safety.
- NorGlide Bearings — The patented design puts sliding bearings between the moving parts so the folding action is always smooth and friction-free. Patented.
- Large, Smooth Lever — Large rounded surfaces are easy on your hands and give good leverage for easy operation.
- AutoLok Technology — Close the lever and it automatically locks in place, for extra, easy security.
- Floating Point Technology — Patented technology allows the lever to fold flat and brace against the joint for protection in transit.
- Serviceable — Good things are made to last and that’s why the Physis is designed to be fully dealer serviceable. We keep every part in stock and replacing the bearings can be done in minutes.
- TriSeal design — Three custom-tooled rubber seals keep weather out and the headset bearings functioning smoothly.
- Precision-machined — A machining tolerance of only 50 microns ensures a tight fit and eliminates looseness and rattling.
- Stainless Steel Bolts — Cold-worked stainless hardware delivers the durability and reliability needed for daily riding.
- N-Fold geometry — The Physis features a unique patented geometry with a forward facing hinge for additional safety. So even if you lend your bike to friends and they forget to close the lever, it won’t open when they push forward on the handlebars.
Note: The Physis T-bar handlepost should only be used with a Kinetix Pro Handlebar and a Syntace VRO 47 Stem or a Tern Andros Stem. If you want to install a different stem or handlebar, please consult with an authorized Tern dealer.